It looks like Apple got knowledge of them and you can't use those programs. Well, no problems for you because Dev Team released Ultrasn0w, a new tool which unlocks any iPhone 3G or iPhone 3GS with firmware 3.0. The origin of Ultrasn0w utility is Purplesn0w, another software for unlocking iPhones.
- unlocks iPhone 3G and 3GS
- works on any jailbroken device
- smaller in size than other unlocking tools
- it uses less memory
- works only on firmware 3.0.
- you must upgrade from earlier firmwares to 3.0
- do not upgrade to 3.1
- available through Cydia
- if you are a T-Mobile USA user you should disable 3G before using ultrasn0w
How to use:
- upgrade your iPhone OS to OS 3.0
- jailbreak your iPhone with PwnageTool or redsn0w
- run Cydia or Icy
- add this repo to Cydia: http://repo666.ultrasn0w.com (please note that "0" is zero)
- search for ultrasn0w in Cydia and install it